How to be a Rock Star Board Member
Tuesday, September 18 | 12 – 3 p.m. | Fairmont
$45 for MCN members / $75 for nonmembers
Great boards don’t happen by accident. It takes vision, planning, training, structure, tools, technology, passion and dedication to create a high-impact board. In this session the presenter will lead nonprofit board members through an educational training on How to be a Rock-Star Board Member.
- Define “Governance” what it means to be on a nonprofit board
- Develop a shared understanding of roles and responsibilities of a nonprofit board member
- Understand the fiduciary & legal responsibilities of a board member
- Learn the characteristics of a high-impact board
- Understand various types of board: working board, managing board, policy board, ratifying board, and a failing board
- Personal commitment to becoming a “Rock Star Board Member”
Register more and save! Buy two registrations at the regular price and receive a third registration for free. We encourage you to bring your board members with you!
Register at www.minnesotanonprofits.org/events
CONTACT: Bradley Wolfe, Regional Coordinator, Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Jennifer Sawyer is founder and president of boardBOS, a consulting service and technology governance company that specializes in board operating systems. For over 20 years, Jennifer has held leadership positions on numerous nonprofit and for-profit boards. She is passionate about powering up boards to ensure board members are engaged, effective and efficient resulting in organizational health and long term sustainability.