The Fairmont Area Chamber leads a program to offer seed money for a lecturer/speaker series to the citizens of this area on topics that will inform and stimulate thought. Primary topic areas will include, but are not limited to, identification of our competitive advantage, youth and family, early childhood, health issues, substance abuse, farming, agriculture, and the environment. The goals of the series have been identified as: 1) Help make Fairmont a highly competitive community. 2) Provide high quality instruction to our area professionals and citizens. 3) Stimulate discussion and involvement on important community issues. 4) Improve Fairmont’s quality of life through community education. 5) Create a coordinated series that makes Fairmont a better place.
The committee reserves the right to modify this policy at any time without advance notice. The committee reserves the right to refuse any application that they feel does not embody the purpose of the fund, as stated in the main objective on the application form.
Non-profit organizations and individuals who can adequately demonstrate that their proposed event will fulfill the Purpose are eligible for funding with the understanding the Speakers Series is not intended to be the primary funder. At least fifty percent of the required funds must be raised by entity requesting funds.
- Applications must be received 60 days prior to event.
- Applications must be mailed to PO Box 826 or emailed to email@example.com. Questions contact Margaret at 507-235-5547.
- Each application will provide an outline of the following:
- Event objectives.
- Theme and content
- Sources of funding including in-kind contributions.
- Any surplus arising from the event shall first go to reimburse the Speakers Series for the grant.
- Programs will not be funded retrospectively.
- Unexpended funds must be returned to the Speakers Series Fund within sixty days from the conclusion of the event.
- Preference will be given to events within Fairmont city limits.
- A budget must be provided with the application.
- Applicant must display the Speakers Series sign at their event.
- Event must be open to the public as a participant or spectator.
- Does not endorse politics or religion.
- Event must be advertised and credit given to the Speakers Series as a sponsor.
- Committee will advise all applicants of the outcome of their application.
- Recipients must sign and adhere to a contract to receive the funds. Should the terms of the contract not be kept by the recipient, there will be no future funds available to the organization or promoter, and any monies distributed must be immediately refunded to the Speakers Series Fund.
- Recipient of the grant must report to the Speaker Series Committee within sixty days following the event:
- An income/expense statement accounting for all funds received and expended on event and identifying any surplus or loss.
- A report outlining the outcome of the event in regard to its stated objective.
If you would like more information about this opportunity, contact the Fairmont Area Chamber.[embeddoc url=”https://fairmontchamber.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/SPEAKER-APPLICATION.pdf”]