Job Title: Finance Coordinator
Reports to: President
Application Deadline: December 15, 2017
Position Summary: Responsible for timely production of financial statements and all correspondence relating to finances and membership. Maintain payroll and personnel records including benefit elections, vacation and sick time accrual and usage. Prepare semi-monthly payroll including payroll tax deposits and quarterly tax reports and yearly W2 and 1099 forms. Administer Simple IRA and benefits.
Maintenance of Professional Ethics: The Finance Coordinator has access to privileged information and it is imperative that the highest degree of personal and professional ethics be observed at all times to protect the confidentiality of sensitive transactions and to avoid the possibility of a conflict of interest.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform and supervise all accounting transactions and procedures including bank reconciliations, weekly deposits, accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, monthly and yearly financial statements, budgets, and tax reports for the Fairmont Area Chamber of Commerce and its committees.
- Provide financial and administrative support to non-profit organizations under Chamber contract.
- Coordinate and organize the Minnesota State Pork Masters Golf Outing including setting up monthly committee meetings and recording minutes, maintaining event budget, ordering supplies, and correspondence and contact with sponsors, golfers, caterers, golf course, signage, and media.
- Maintain accurate member and vendor records including preparing annual member verification forms.
- Assist with the solicitation of new members.
- Assist in the planning process of Chamber activities including the Annual Meeting and Banquet, Pork Masters Golf Outing and Holiday Open House.
- Attend and assist with events.
- Organize and maintain company filing system.
- Purchase of all budgeted supplies needed, maintaining a reasonable inventory at all times and maintain acceptable condition of all equipment in the office.
- Serve as backup to staff as needed including answering the telephone and providing appropriate assistance, greet and assist visitors, prepare and redeem gift certificates, sell Jefferson Lines bus tickets, and take event reservations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with desktop applications including word processing, spreadsheets, email, and database software. Especially Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Experience with accounting procedures and accounting software, especially QuickBooks.
- Ability to reason and problem solve including identifying problems and developing and applying solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to read and understand written information and express ideas clearly.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize projects.
- Must be detail orientated with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work well in teams and independently.
- Must be able to produce quality work and meet company required policies.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Needs Assessment
- Detail Oriented
- Stress Tolerance
- Time Management
- Management Skills
- The Finance Coordinator will work from the Fairmont Area Chamber of Commerce offices located at 323 East Blue Earth Avenue, Fairmont MN; 30 to 40 hours/week, generally Monday – Friday. Occasional overtime may be required as approved by management.
Apply Now: Email your Resume or CV